Friday 31 May 2013

Review: X-Men #1


I have to admit, I've never been the biggest fan of the X-Men, I've tried getting into all of the new X- Books but none really managed to grip me. That was, until I read X-Men #1.

X-Men is the new series from Marvel with an all female core team of X-Men. I wasn't originally planning on getting this book but considering all the excitement and good comments surrounding it I decided I'd pick it up. Really pleased that I chose to pick it up because this was one of the best books of the month!

This issue was written by Brian Wood, and he's done a fantastic job with this issue! You jump straight into the action and I was hooked from page 1. It does help f you have some prior knowledge of who the characters are but it's pretty good for new readers to the X-men universe and is really enjoyable.

It does a good job of establishing who the characters are, what they're like and they're situations quickly and it moves at a fast pace. You see good examples of the team dynamic and how all these characters work together and it's got good writing throughout the whole issue!

Onto the art now! Oliver Coipel's art in this issue is just brilliant. It's amazing and just, overall, nice to look at! He's a good fit for this book and draws all of the characters and their surroundings perfectly! Him working with Inker Mark Morales and Colourist Laura Martin makes for a great art team, and I hope they stay with this series for a long time!

X-Men is an all around great series, it's well written and has some of the best art at Marvel right now.

Rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment