Friday 31 May 2013

Review: Earth 2 annual #1


I feel like this was an okay issue, but it really wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm not a regular reader of Earth 2, I did read the first few issues but after that I just dropped off the book. I picked up this issue, like many, for the introduction of Earth 2's new Batman but after reading was a bit disappointed.

If you're buying this just for batman I don't think it's worth your five dollars, the story focuses on a lot of characters from the main series, which I guess is what I should've expected. I feel like if you're interested in those characters, you should enjoy the issue, but I was never really too interested in the Earth 2 cast ( apart from Jay Garrick ).

I also wasn't too keen on the art in this. I remember seeing some of the pencilled pages of Batman a few months ago and how impressed I was but it just didn't seem as good to me when completed. I think it was just the pencils put together with the inks and colours that put me off, but the pencils are fine on their own.

My main problem is just that the cover is quite misleading. The cover is Earth 2's new Batman, he's the only character on that cover yet he only shows up for a few pages in this issue, I may have liked it more with a cover slightly more true to the story. However, this is a problem with a lot of comics so I can't just point it out for this one.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with the story but it had it's moments, the Batman pages were actually alright, but there weren't many of them. I also feel that only the pencils out of all of the art were good.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment