Wednesday 22 May 2013

Review: Teen Titans #20

I wasn't extremely keen on this issue. I didn't hate it, it just didn't seem to be very appealing and wasn't particularly enjoyable.

This issue was basically Trigon explaining His and Raven's entire history, which, even though it was a good origin, I think could've been told better. The characters Trigon was explaining his story to were his sons, who I'm sure would already know the story, right? I think it could've worked better if Raven was explaining to the Teen Titans after last issue's battle as they obviously wouldn't know the story.

Another thing I wasn't keen on was some of Eddy Barrows' art. Particularly the faces. I loved his work on Nightwing but I feel like it's really stepped down on this book, his landscapes and full body or team shots are great but a lot of the faces just look odd.

This series seems to be at quite a dull level every month, and I really hope it steps up for the next arc, about Kid Flash's origin. The only thing really keeping me from dropping this book is my loyalty to the characters, with a lot of my favourites in this series I don't really want to drop it. It's a shame because Teen Titans' first arc was one of my favourite stories in the New 52, but I haven't enjoyed it nearly as much since then.

Rating: 4/10.

(Despite my bad review, the book got a 3 and not a 1 because the colours were good, some of Eddy Barrows' art was good and I like the characters)

No comments:

Post a Comment