Wednesday 1 May 2013

Review: The Movement #1

I really enjoyed this first issue.

I don't usually try brand new series as it can be a bit of a risk investing in characters that are either new or you don't know anything about, but I'm glad I took that risk with this series as it was one of my favourite comics to come out this week, and it was very satisfying.

You'll probably know writer Gail Simone from her current run on Batgirl. I'm a big fan of her work and that was one of the main reasons for giving this book a try, she does a fantastic job establishing the characters and manages to explain the overall feel of the series quite early in the issue.

Freddie Williams' art is brilliant in this issue, I wasn't a big fan of his art when I first saw it but it's definitely grown on me and he does amazingly in this issue, really helps to establish the general tone of the story.

I'll be honest, when I first heard the idea of a book on the politics of the DC Universe I wasn't extremely keen because it's not a topic I'm particularly interested in. But what I thought of as Politics was Buisnessmen and Politicians and this definitely isn't that.

Overall, a great read! If you buy any new comic series, make it the Movement! I can't wait for some more of this book!

Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment