Wednesday 1 May 2013

Review: Superior Spider-Man #9

Well, a lot of people are going to be upset with Dan Slott today. I'm not one of them, however, and I loved this issue.

I've loved every issue of Superior Spider-Man from the beggining and have loved Slott's whole run, and I've not been one of the "You ruined my childhood!" people.
Superior Spider-Man #9



Now that I'm done with that, let's get onto the full review!

The writing in the issue is very clever, as it always is with this series. It's an interesting plot and it had me hooked from the first page. Slott really writes these characters well, and comes up with some of the most unexpected twists in comics. I'm not going to spoil the story, you should definitely read it for yourself, but, obviously, people have already spoiled it.

I absoloutely love Ryan Stegman's art, I always think it's a shame with the rotating art team whenever he takes a break from the book. I do like Guissepe Cammuncoli and Humberto Ramos' art a lot, but I feel like Stegman's is a perfect fit for the book. Put together with the colours from Edgar Delgado, the art really adds to the book.

And because letterers never get any recognition in comic books, Chris Eliopoulos did a great job on the issue!

Altgether, another great issue in the series! Unexpected ending and a brilliant story, 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment