Thursday 6 June 2013

Review: The Movement #2

I'm just going to start off by saying that this is going to be a very short review, sorry, I feel really tired today. If my review doesn't quite do justice for the issue, just know that it was great and you should definitely buy it!



I'm really enjoying the Movement, it's currently on it's second issue and I feel like it's really got off to a good start.

This series is being written by Gail Simone, who is an excellent writer, she's managed to me care about the cast of this book, who are mostly new characters, and if any are pre-existing, I've never heard of them, and doing that is a sign of being a great writer.

She's also come up with an interesting premise for a series here, and I really enjoy reading about the corrupt police force and crumbling society, it makes for a brilliant read!

Also, this issue has a lot of charm, the fact that the team held a council of war in a play room was just brilliant, and it really lightened up the morning for me! There are some more little moments in this issue that I really loved but I don't want to spoil them, I think you should definitely read them for yourselves.

Now onto the art by Freddie Williams II! I'm starting to enjoy Williams' art the more I see of it, at first I wasn't a big fan but I think it's really growing on me. I think his style really suits this book, and he is one of the best fight-scene artists in comics at the moment. There is a big fight in the later part f the issue and I feel Freddie Williams II really did a great job on it.

In summary, a great issue that managed to keep up to the standards of the first. Definitely a must-read!

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment