Saturday 10 August 2013

Kevin Maguire takes on Guardians of the Galaxy

There's been a lot of talk in recent days over Kevin Maguire's firing from his ( previously ) upcoming Justice League 3000, but that doesn't need explaining now, if you check the previous pages in my blog, you'll find information. What needs discussing now is Kevin Maguire now drawing Brian Michael Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy #10, and presumably more after that.

In a quote, Bendis said:

As I have made it very clear on this tumbler I think artists like Kevin are a national treasure and should be treated as such by publishers and readers alike. as Matt fraction said at dinner last night he is probably one of the most influential comic artists of this generation but doesn’t get enough credit for it. you can see his influence in a lot of places.
we have been talking about working together on an off for a while but the stars never aligned. I am not exactly sure what happened to him this week but I would like to thank whoever it was that made it possible for  Kevin to join me on guardians of the galaxy number 10. which I hope will be the first of many projects together.
I may have just announced something I wasn’t supposed to :-)

This is pretty good news, considering a lot of people's upset of Maguire leaving DC, glad to see him on a big book so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment