Thursday 8 August 2013

Fired? DC Artist, Kevin Maguire sends out extremely suggestive tweets... (THIRD UPDATE)

There's been a lot of talk over recent months over the firings and resignations of DC Comics creators. Specifically, ones whose runs on series hadn't even begun yet ( e.g. Joshua Hale Fialov on Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns, Andy Diggle on Action Comics etc.) and it looks like another creator may have just been fired. Kevin Maguire, artist for the upcoming Justice League 3000 series from DC.

Earlier today, Maguire tweeted this:

Since those comments, Maguire hasn't made any more comments on twitter, of course, this could be some sort of joke ( who remembers the James Robinson Namor business? ), but if this topic is brought up again, I'll try to update this.

I'm not extremely familiar with Maguire's work, but I was looking forward to seeing what he'd do on the Justice League 3000 series, and it'd be a shame if he has been fired...

Update:

Just a few minutes ago, Marvel editor-in-chief, Axel Alonso tweeted this:


Could Maguire have found new work already over at Marvel?

SECOND UPDATE:

It seems he almost definitely has...



I love the fact that today I've managed to sit through the firing and hiring of Kevin Maguire... and it's pretty much all been seen on Twitter.

Third update:

Later, Maguire posted this on his facebook page:

Well, first off, thanks everyone for your warm regards. After a few confusing hours, I kind of know where things stand and why. Though I’m still a bit perplexed as to how it got to this point. As for work, I’ve been offered some fun interesting stuff, many of which came from DC,who were very eager to keep me working there, so I’ll be fine on that score, but it would have been great to do another Justice League with Giffen and DeMatteis. Oh,well…onward and upward…

No comments:

Post a Comment