Wednesday 24 April 2013

Review: Fantastic Four #7

Warning, Spoilers!

I'd just like to start off by saying that Fantastic Four, as well as it's sister book, FF, is one of the most interesting books on the shelves. It's awesome to see Matt Fraction's take on the Galaxy, past and future of the Marvel Universe, and he manages to come up with some brilliant concepts, the idea to have the Fantastic Four see the birth and death of the Universe was great, and I've never seen that done with any characters before.

Basically, in this issue, the Fantastic Four travel to the end of everything, the Big Crunch. This was a great idea for a story, and I really enjoyed reading it, it's written smartly, and lives up to the excellent standard set by the first six issues of this series.

I'm also a big fan of Mark Bagley's artwork, he was one of the first artists whose work I saw when I was starting to get into comics, and I've loved it in everything I've seen it in. He manages to draw the alien species so well, and all of them look completely different, as they should.

The one page in this issue most, though, was the one of Valeria explaining why the Alien observers' plan would not work. It really sums up that character, shows that she's not to be underestimated and that she doesn't let being a kid get in the way of speaking her ideas to people.

The end of the issue was a great example of Matt Fraction's really intelligent writing, I know it's a little off topic but it ties perfectly to the ending of this week's "FF", I don't want to ruin it, but I'm sure you'll understand the onnection when you've read both of the issues.

All around, this is a fascinating and well written comic, with great artwork and an interesting plot. Another great issue by Fraction and Bagley!

Rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment